Established in 1999, True Colours Design Group has become well known in the industry for providing personalized, high quality design services for residential and commercial clients in the Fraser Valley area. We pride ourselves in establishing a close working relationship with our clients to truly understand the vision for their project and work together to make that vision into reality. This results in an outcome which exceeds expectations and provides a timeless, wonderful space to enjoy.
Built entirely on 'Word of Mouth' advertising, we have become an essential member of a project's team. We have fostered wonderful partnerships with respected and well established builder/contractors, skilled tradesmen and vendors to provide a comprehensive approach to each project - whether a small renovation or a multi-year custom build.
Lyla's engaging personality and positive approach contribute to a comfortable design and construction process for all involved. At ease working with all project members, Lyla brings extensive knowledge and shared leadership to the building process. This coupled with comprehensive materials expertise - both interior and exterior - serves to ensure a successful end result.
"Designing a space is like working on a jigsaw puzzle - start with one decision and the rest follow"
- Initial meetings with the 'team' (includes clients, contractor/builder)
- Comprehensive 'Scope of Work' which serves as a guideline for the project
- Building plans developed
- Provide information required by the builder/contractor according to the 'Scope of Work'
- Choose finishes through meetings with cabinetry designers, plumbing, lighting, tile, flooring, etc.
- Completion of scaled drawings for millwork, tile, flooring, lighting, etc.
- Regularly scheduled site meeting with clients, builder/contractor, trades
- Provide specification sheets, image sheets and samples as required.
- Purchase of materials as required
- Ongoing 'fine tuning' of the building process allowing for adjustments, as required, to avoid cost-overages
- Finalize any décor requirements, i.e. furniture, window coverings, artwork, wall finishes, etc
- Follow-up to ensure the finished project exceeded all expectations